ingredients:
1 cup white sugar (I use turbinado or 'sugar in the raw')
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour *
8-10 good sized apples
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter *
1 cup rolled oats
directions:
preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix white sugar and cinnamon with the sliced apples and place into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, oil and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. crumble on top of the apple mixture mixture
bake 45 minutes or until bubbly, crisp and lightly browned
notes: the 3 T of flour isn't necessary for apple crisp but if ya do it with strawberries & rhubarb it will be too watery in the end without it (if you DO do it with strawberries and rhubarb the recipe calls for 3 cups (sliced) of each...although I always use way more than that...it ain't rocket science..play around :)
as for the butter...I always do half butter and half olive oil...that way ya get the flavor of butter but it's not AS bad for you
and last...if I'm doing apple crisp..I sometimes add a cup or so of chopped walnuts or pecans to the crumble mixture...YUM!


No comments:
Post a Comment