this is one of my very favoritest cookies ever...I've had MANY different ones but this is by far the best tasting one I've tried..and great because since there is no egg, the dough can be made way ahead..and the cookies hold up forever in a sealed container or zipper bag...make sure the cookies are completely cool before rolling in powdered sugar...otherwise they'll absorb it all
ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
directions:
1. preheat oven to 350ยบ
2. in a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. mix in the chopped walnuts. roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
3. bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. when cool, roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. I also like to roll mine in the sugar a second time.
yield: about 3 dozen


No comments:
Post a Comment