Monday, May 10, 2010

whole grain corn bread

I've had this recipe forever...I wish I could remember who gave it to me so I could give credit where credit is due =)

ingredients:

3/4 cup whole wheat flour (sometimes I use spelt flour instead)
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
3 T. fresh grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp. baking powder
1½ tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
---
3/4 cup plus 2 T. skim milk
2 T. olive oil
2 T. honey
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 C. whole kernel corn - the recipe calls for frozen but I used canned (DRAINED)
1/3 C. minced red onion or shallot

directions:

1. pre-heat oven to 425ยบ

2. measure first 6 ingredients (through salt) into a bowl - add next 6 (wet) ingredients and mix until just moist - it's ok if it's a bit lumpy

3. spoon into greased muffin pan or 9" cake pan and bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned - they are done when toothpick comes out clean
remove from pan immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment